Saturday, March 31, 2012

Skin Care Stupid?

I'm one of those girls who has never known much about proper skin care or make-up application. So imagine my delight when I walked in the library the other day and found the book, Skin Rules by Debra Jaliman, a prominent and very popular New York dermatologist.



This book is a super easy read. I finished it in about an hour and then spent about 30 minutes on Amazon making a wish list of what skin products I wanted to buy.  The book has 77 rules on all aspects of skin care. I learned a lot and am now going to switch up how I care for my skin.

The best part is that most of the products she recommends using are products that can be found at your local drugstore and in some cases at a department store.  I have added a Clarisonic Skin Cleansing Brush to my must-have list, but that's a little bit pricey so it'll probably wait for awhile.

I did however, find some of the items at the PX and commissary today which was a miracle, as they usually have nothing in stock and I'm super excited to start caring for my face in the correct way.

If you don't know much about skincare, products you should be using or some of the various other procedures that can be done to make your skin look your best, then you should check out this book. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

6 comments:

Chantal said...

That looks cool!! I'll have to check it out!

(New follower btw. My blog is cshels.blogspot.com :))

Kasey said...

I will have to look this up. I was always blessed with good skin when I was younger, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I am not really sure what to do because I never had to put forth much effort until recently!

The Pink Growl said...

I need to check this out! I've heard lots of great things about the Clarisonic Mia so I've saving up for one.

Unknown said...

Great information, thanks for the tip on how to take good care our skin, but i can personally recommend, capiderm as well, this is proven and tested to be effective. no harm in trying.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I need to check out this book! I've been really into taking care of my skin lately!

Emily of Boston said...

Goodness, I'm going through your posts to get myself caught up, and I'm sooooo glad I saw this particular post. I'll have to look into this book!